Monday, June 8, 2015

DIY Marbled Nail Art Stickers

I created this marbled nail art using a slightly different water marbling technique than what you normally see, as inspired by this Instagram post by Sveta Sanders. Instead of dipping your finger into the wet nail polish while it's still on the water, I let it dry for about 5-10 minutes, removed it from the water, and then cut it up and applied it to my nails using more nail polish. Unlike her video, I chose to swirl the colors using a toothpick, which I think made it harder to pick up, although I like the different effects you can get by doing this.
The colors I used were: Air by Sally Hansen, Blueberry from the Hello Kitty Sephora line, Splash of Grenadine by Essie and some unknown sheer sparkly pink possibly from Walmart (it's old). Air also came out pretty sheer which also gave in interesting effect when placed on the nail. My base color is Sorbet also by Sally Hansen. 
I recommend keeping a paper towel nearby to remove extra nail polish from your toothpick when swirling since it can get messy or in case you mess up and need to remove the polish (like I did, many, many times).
I let them dry on a paper towel first before applying them. They came out sort of warped since some of the colors were a lot thinner than others and the swirling really distorts the shape. I have no idea how girls on Instagram get their water marbles to look so perfect.
Please ignore my cuticles. 



No comments:

Post a Comment