Thursday, April 10, 2014

Spring Nails-Pastels and Simple Geometry

pastel spring nails

Some rather simple nail art I did using some of my favorite spring colors and my favorite gray nail polish. I simply added the gray triangles on after painting on the base colors by first making a diagonal stripe from one corner to another and then filling it. It's a little tricky to do free-hand when you're using your non-dominant hand, but I've had success in the past using pieces of tape as a guideline, making sure to remove some of the tape's stickiness first and allowing the base coat to fully dry. 

essie, sephora, and hello kitty nail polishes

The colors I used are Break a Leg-Warmer by Sephora by OPI, Splash of Grenadine and Turquoise & Caicos by Essie, and Blueberry from the Hello Kitty line at Sephora (possibly discontinued?), all colors with cream finishes. Blueberry and Break a Leg Warmer have great opacity while the two Essie nail polishes seem to need at least two or three coats each.  I used Sally Hansen's Diamond Strength top coat in Flawless to finish off my nails. 

pastel nails

No comments:

Post a Comment