Thursday, December 24, 2015

Apple Rose Tarts

After giving the Mini Apple Rose Pies recipe from the blog From My Impossibly Tiny Kitchen for the first time and finding much success, I retried the recipe again for Thanksgiving, and here are the results! I got a lot of compliments on them and thought they were the perfect dessert for the occasion.
The first time I made these I used green apples since they were on hand, but despite how good they taste, they don't look great appearance-wise once the apple skin browns, so I went with red apples (Fuji I believe) for the second attempt. I also modified the filling recipe by adding a generous sprinkle of cinnamon to melted butter mixture which I think gives more of an apple pie filling flavor. 
Attempt #1: I used thicker slicer here since they were cut by hand
Green --> brown
I believe I used more than two apples for the amount of dough that I had, and I also found it easier to roll the apple pieces in my hand instead of laying a row flat on the table. Since the slices were much thinner than they were the first time I made these, it definitely took me much longer to roll all of them up. 
Using Fuji apples instead
Out of the oven.
10/10 would make again

No comments:

Post a Comment